It’s been about 3 months since I moved to Japan and my brain is understating that we’re here to stay for a while, this is not a drill!! I have mixed feelings about this.
On the one hand, I’m very excited and enjoy this new life, this new world opening up in front of us. It’s an amazing opportunity to live in Asia, get to see this part of the world, learn about the different cultures and people. The more I learn, the more ignorant I feel 😀
On the other hand, I do miss Europe. It’s normal to miss things about your home (wherever that might be) when you’re away. So here’s my list:
- My family and friends! This one is tougher than I thought. I used to be able to see my family every couple of months. And I could hang out with my friends anytime or at least just be able to give them a call.
- Being in the same time zone with my dear ones. It’s somewhat frustrating that conversations now have to scheduled.
- COFFEE!! Oh man, I miss having good coffee. Not to mention the Italian cappuccinos☺️ I found out that the coffee in Japan is only roasted once, whereas in Europe they go for 2 rounds, which makes it tastier.
- Cheap good beer and wine!
- Being able to talk to people! My Japanese is still limited and the Japanese have a limited English. So, not an ideal combination.
- The international diversity you get in Brussels is unique.
- My favorite cupcakes from Lilicup, Brussels! Haven’t had any in 3 months.
- A simple and delicious croissant.
- The varied choice of delicious European food 😊 that doesn’t come at a premium price.
- The architecture!!
- Cheap traveling to so many locations!!
These are just a few of the perks that I’d have living in Europe. But, to be honest I’m so excited and happy about our new life in Japan!