Time flies when you’re having fun! It’s been 3 year since I got married and I believe more than ever that there’s no better husband than Fernando. Every day I am more certain that I’ve made the right choice.
Being married is no kid’s game and the older I get the more I understand how important it is not to rush in such a commitment. But I also understand how important it is to be with the right person.
Every year I learn new things and get to grow as a person and in our marriage. I looked at what I wrote after our second year and to be honest I thought I cracked it. Turns out, you never stop learning 🙂 So, here’s what I have learned from this last year:
- Your love for each other matures. If it doesn’t you’ve got a problem!
- You have to communicate, no matter how much work it requires.
- Don’t stop surprising each other, preferably with things that your partner likes 🙂
- Never let unresolved issues settle in! Work together to solve them, even if this requires outside help.
- When one of you has a problem, you both do. Don’t abandon your partner.
- Respect each other’s passions, don’t overwhelm with yours. Join your partner every now and then.
- Allow yourself to have separate activities, but make quality time spent together a priority.
- Compromise, go the extra mile.
- FORGIVE and FORGET. We all make mistakes. Make sure that when you forgive you also let go. Keeping a grudge never helps.
- Be each others lovers, partners, best friends, life companion; never be each others parents 🙂
- Believe in your partner and always encourage them! Be their biggest fan! If not, someone else will.
- Build dreams together! Make plans for the your future together, not just for yourself.
I understand that there’s the happiness that comes from just being together, but there’s also the part where you also have to work on it. No relationship evolves without some effort. The moment you leave it on auto-run, don’t expect it to go somewhere. So, choose today to make your relationship a priority, love your partner, respect them and do your best to put your relationship’s happiness first!